Sr. Procurement (Buyer/Planner) Specialist - CMOApply Now Category Supply Chain City Plymouth State Minnesota
The Sr. Procurement (Buyer/Planner) Specialist - CMO is responsible for alliance management and procurement of assigned commodity and materials to support the sales plan, production schedule and general business operations. The Sr. Procurement Specialist provides planning and procurement support for third party development projects and the commercialization of products. Works with suppliers, Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) and Contract Development Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs) to provide quality materials and services, continuous supply and assure competitive pricing.
- Responsible for the negotiation, procurement and management of multiple commodities for new product development and/or commercial business.
- Responsible for ensuring third party procurement and material availability for products manufactured and/or developed externally at CMOs and CDMOs. Ensures external manufacturing schedules and timelines are met. Collaborates with Materials Management planner and inventory buyers to ensure availability of raw materials to support third party activities.
- Represent the Procurement department in coordinating with Product Development or Project Management to identify and manage New Product Development Projects.
- Responsible for managing multiple, complex projects and developing a supply base to meet corporate objectives.
- Assists with providing commodity and/or process knowledge to other Purchasing personnel as well as internal customers.
- Review MRP and MRO requisitions to identify order and expedite commodity or services in support of the production schedule, cash flow, or other requirements. Monitor and report exceptions to the delivery schedule to the Procurement and Sourcing Manager and/or other designated individuals.
- Maintain cost control, delivery schedules and inventory levels based on desired goals and objectives.
- Maintenance of SAP systems including but, not limited to the following; order entry, vendor records, info records, source lists and material masters. Coordinate with other departments to maintain accurate Bill of Materials (BOM's).
- Resolves invoice discrepancies and quality issues (SCAR's) to ensure a continued supply of quality materials for production or other business uses. Recovery of costs for rejected materials and labor where applicable.
- Control and communication of but, not limited to the following; approved artwork and packaging specifications, COA's/COC's and regulatory information.
Bachelor's degree in Business, related field or equivalent with a minimum of 6+ years of Buyer/Planner, Purchasing or Procurement experience in pharmaceutical, cosmetic or related manufacturing industry. In lieu of degree, 10+ years of experience in buying/planning, procurement, or related business administration experience required. SAP experience strongly preferred.
Other skills and knowledge:
Ability to negotiate. Knowledge of common law, Uniform Commercial Code, traffic law, and compliance with anti-trust laws. Knowledge of pharmaceutical production processes and equipment. Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Regulatory requirements. Knowledge of and adherence to published Upsher-Smith Standard Operating Procedures, policies and safety practices. - Ability to read and utilize an MRP report.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including factors related to pregnancy or child birth), national origin, age, marital status, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity status with regard to public assistance, employment status, local human rights commission activity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or any other protected category.
Upsher‐Smith respects your privacy. We will not sell or rent your email address to any third party. You may opt out of receiving job posting alerts at any time.