Let us find jobs for you based on your skills and experiences in your LinkedIn profile.
Sr. Maintenance Technician/Mechanic - 3rd shiftApply Now Category Manufacturing City Plymouth State Minnesota
With minimal direction the Sr. Maintenance Technician/Mechanic - 3rd shift (9:00 PM - 5:15 AM) repairs, maintains and assists operations to ensure automated packaging line and large scale manufacturing equipment is maintained. Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs and maintains manufacturing pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging equipment/machinery. Follows all required safety practices and completes required documentation to ensure compliance to cGMP's.
- Effectively troubleshoots and resolves difficult / advanced automated machinery/mechanical equipment issues utilizing a systematic logical approach until the root cause is identified.
- Completes work orders and preventative maintenance tasks using fundamental, mechanical applied knowledge and experience.
- Ensures self and others compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices, corporate policies, and procedures.
- Provides direction to the department/shift in the absence of the Lead Technician.
- Demonstrates the ability to train others.
- Fabricates / repairs failed components as needed.
- Advanced programming of electronic devices including: VFD's, PLC's, and other various controllers.
- Designs / fabricates complex machinery to facilitate operations as needed.
- Effective and efficient decision making and prioritization skills.
- Identifies inefficiencies and improvements and offers effective solutions.
- Maintains adequate critical spare parts inventory for assigned functional areas.
- Assists with the procurement of parts /quotes for budgeted items.
- Coordinates and leads the installations of new equipment, modifications and enhancements.
- Supports the engineering department with various projects and initiatives.
- Works with outside contractors/vendors.
- Maintain and repair HVAC and supporting utility equipment.
- Provides direction to department team members with complex issue resolution.
- Creates troubleshooting /rebuilding documentation guides.
- Provide support at meetings as directed.
Vocational degree in automated machinery systems or equivalent from a two year college and 7 years' work experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment; OR high school diploma (or equivalent) and 10 years' work experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment. Preferred work experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, food manufacturing or electronics. Advanced understanding/skills working with: electronics, PLC programming, electrical controls, pneumatics, fluid power encoders /resolvers, stepper motors, servo drives, VFD's, control loops, thermocouples, and safety systems. Experience working in a GMP environment, strongly preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel programs. Advanced understanding of computer operating systems and file management. SAP knowledge desired. Strives to ensure a safe work place by leading others to demonstrate compliance with the required PPE use; including footwear, hearing protection, eye protection, respirator protection, and electrical PPE and keeps the workplace clean and safe. Travel: Occasional driving. Air travel may be required 1 or 2 times per year
Standing (Moving About): 67 - 100% (Constant). Use of computer keyboard / mouse: 67 - 100% (Constant). Twisting / Turning at the waist: 67 - 100% (Constant). Bending at the waist: 67 - 100% (Constant). Repetitive Hand / Wrist Work: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Reaching straight out or below shoulders: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Squatting / Kneeling: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Listening: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Speaking: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Lift / Carry - Waist or Lower (50 to 75 lbs.): 34 - 66% (Frequent).
Mental and Motor Requirements
Problem Solving: 67 - 100% (Constant). Advanced math calculations: 67 - 100% (Constant). Reading / Comprehension: 67 - 100% (Constant). Writing / Composition: 67 - 100% (Constant). Verbal communication: 67 - 100% (Constant). Independent decision making: 67 - 100% (Constant).
Team work: 34 - 66% (Frequent). Independent Work: 34 - 66% (Frequent). Exposure to dust: 1 - 33% (Occasional).
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including factors related to pregnancy or child birth), national origin, age, marital status, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity status with regard to public assistance, employment status, local human rights commission activity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or any other protected category.
Upsher‐Smith respects your privacy. We will not sell or rent your email address to any third party. You may opt out of receiving job posting alerts at any time.