Let us find jobs for you based on your skills and experiences in your LinkedIn profile.
Sr. Automation EngineerApply Now Category Engineering City Plymouth State Minnesota
The Sr. Automation Engineer sets up the automation of manufacturing processes and streamlines the process to make it as efficient as possible while still maintaining product quality and adhering to internal procedures and external regulations. This position provides technical automation engineering support for automated production machinery systems. The Sr. Automation Engineer develops and designs concept, chooses and programs controls and ensures the proper communication between equipment controls and systems.
Description of Essential Duties:
- Manage the successful specification, delivery, integration and qualification of component serialization equipment and software.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Maintenance team to develop and implement strategies for targeted manufacturing and packaging equipment improvements, utilizing new and existing automation and control technologies for both short and long-term solutions.
- Be the site subject matter expert for serialization hardware and software, including integration to existing systems.
- Collaborate with Technical Services for specification, delivery, integration and qualification of serialization equipment and software.
- Review standards and compliance requirements applicable to the electrical control systems and provide recommendations as required Develop and implement project-specific industrial control systems starting with proposal, specifications and drawings.
- Program, troubleshoot and diagnose designed control systems.
- Develop, document and maintain accurate electrical schematics, technical manuals and SOPs.
- Anticipate, identify and solve a wide array of database and system problems where information is available and data analysis is required.
Bachelor’s degree in automation, process control, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering and a minimum of 9+ years of experience working in an industrial automation role in a regulated manufacturing environment. 2+ years of experience working with network protocols such as EtherNetIP preferred.
Preferred skills and abilities:
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including factors related to pregnancy or child birth), national origin, age, marital status, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity status with regard to public assistance, employment status, local human rights commission activity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or any other protected category.
Upsher‐Smith respects your privacy. We will not sell or rent your email address to any third party. You may opt out of receiving job posting alerts at any time.