Let us find jobs for you based on your skills and experiences in your LinkedIn profile.
Lead Maintenance Mechanic Technician - 3rd shiftApply Now Category Manufacturing City Plymouth State Minnesota
The Lead Maintenance Technician – 3rd shift (Sunday - Thursday; 9:00 pm - 5:30 am) leads the workload and assigns tasks to the Mechanics on their associated shift; interacts with other Lead Technicians to ensure the effective transfer of work across the shifts; provides leadership, clarifies requirements, and defines expectations to the Mechanics; maintains, repairs, and improves manufacturing machinery with minimal interruption to the production schedule. The Lead Technician is also Required to trouble-shoot and develop a root cause and solution to equipment issues. Expected to exercise independent judgment with minimal supervision. Thorough understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the maintenance field, with a focus on equipment automation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the Maintenance activities and Maintenance Mechanics on their associated shift. Contributes to performance reviews, assigning objectives, providing training, enforcing disciplinary action, and mentoring the Maintenance Mechanics.
- Prioritizes, schedules, and interacts with the affected departments to implement repairs. Assigns and tracks the progress of repairs. Ensures timely resolution to equipment repairs and modifications with minimal interference to the production schedule.
- Ensures the maintenance department is adhering to the appropriate SOP's, cGMP’s, safety, and quality standards. Effectively trouble shoots equipment failures/malfunctions using a logical, systematic approach.
- Identifies root cause and proper solution. Updates/creates procedures and policies to improve departmental effectiveness and overall efficiency of the personnel utilization.
- Recommends changes to optimize processes, equipment, systems, procedures, and protocols. Interacts with outside vendors to rectify issues and identifies new suppliers to reduce costs and/or increase quality.
- Completes documentation requirements for the shift. Including but not limited to: work orders, deviations, weekly reports, time cards, etc.
- Responsible for input on equipment documentation, including calibrations, certifications, preventive maintenance, etc.
- Assists in hiring personnel for the maintenance department.
- Represents the department at meetings.
- Assist Engineering projects as necessary.
Education: A Vocational training in electromechanical systems, automated machinery, packaging machinery, or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing, packaging, and/or maintenance environments. Supervisory or lead experience is desired. Knowledge of pneumatics, single and three-phase electricity, electronics, controllers, servomotors, stepper motors, AC & DC motors, PLC's, hydraulics, general mechanical systems, welding, machine shop skills, instrumentation, and controls. Ability to read and analyze blueprints, schematics, ladder logic diagrams, and P&ID diagrams. Some experience and knowledge in HVAC.
Certifications / Licenses: Special Engineer boiler license (or willingness to obtain one in the first 6 months in the position).
Enjoy these Benefits:
•Competitive benefits, including 401K and profit sharing
•Shift differential pay (in addition to base pay)
•Clean, climate-controlled work environment
•Take your birthday off as a holiday
•Free soda and coffee in our facilities
•Free wellness programs, including biometric screenings and flu shots
•Pet insurance (they are important, too!)
Listening: 67 - 100% (Constant). Speaking: 67 - 100% (Constant). Near acuity (vision): 67 - 100% (Constant). Sitting: 34 - 66% (Frequent). Standing (Moving About): 67 - 100% (Constant). Reaching straight out or below shoulders: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Lift / Carry - Waist or Lower (50 to 75 lbs.): 1 - 33% (Occasional). Use of computer keyboard / mouse: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Work in excess of 40 hours per week: 34 - 66% (Frequent).
Mental and Motor Requirements:
Reading / Comprehension: 67 - 100% (Constant). Writing / Composition: 67 - 100% (Constant). Interaction with others using professionalism and tact: 67 - 100% (Constant). Problem Solving: 67 - 100% (Constant). Verbal communication: 67 - 100% (Constant). Independent decision making: 67 - 100% (Constant). Ability to prioritize tasks: 34 - 66% (Frequent). Ability to manage changing priorities: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Attention to detail: 67 - 100% (Constant). Computer Skills: 34 - 66% (Frequent).
Team work: 34 - 66% (Frequent). Exposure to active pharmaceutical ingredient: 34 - 66% (Frequent). Exposure to automated machinery: 67 - 100% (Constant). Exposure to chemicals: 34 - 66% (Frequent). Exposure to dust: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Exposure to Electrical Hazards: 34 - 66% (Frequent). Exposure to fumes / odors: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Exposure to Loud Noises: 34 - 66% (Frequent). Exposure to pressurized equipment: 34 - 66% (Frequent). Independent Work: 1 - 33% (Occasional). Works in Manufacturing Environment: 67 - 100% (Constant). Required to wear safety glasses and other PPE: 67 - 100% (Constant). Required to wear a respirator when exposed to fumes or dust: 1 - 33% (Occasional).
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including factors related to pregnancy or child birth), national origin, age, marital status, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity status with regard to public assistance, employment status, local human rights commission activity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or any other protected category.
Upsher‐Smith respects your privacy. We will not sell or rent your email address to any third party. You may opt out of receiving job posting alerts at any time.