Let us find jobs for you based on your skills and experiences in your LinkedIn profile.
Associate Chemist I - CASApply Now Category Chemistry City Maple Grove State Minnesota
The Associate Chemist I provides analytical and technical support to new product development and completes analytical testing and various laboratory support functions in a timely manner according to cGMP's.
- Reads, understands and follows the current USP/NF, laboratory SOPs, analytical methods and study protocols.
- Documents equipment usages and analytical results in a manner that can be readily followed by reviewers and is consistent with cGMP and in-house SOPs.
- Performs analytical testing according to established or preliminary methods such as cleaning validation samples, dissolutions, assay, impurities/degradation products, content/blend uniformity, pH, viscosity, titrations, general USP testing, residual solvents and other analytical methods.
- Proactively assists others with laboratory activities, such as, but not limited to, dissolution testing setup and cleanup, bulk solution and reagent preparation and stability sample labeling.
- Documents with clear purposes, sequences and conclusions per GMPs. Takes ownership to assigned work and critically reviews it prior to distribution within the functional group.
- Prioritizes assigned tasks and AIP goals based on work group needs with supervision. Is able to effectively plan work and utilize discretionary time so that assigned duties are completed in a timely manner.
- Reviews raw data timely and ensures it meets cGMPs and in-house SOPs, is scientifically sound and can be readily followed by auditors.
- Gathers source documentation or summary data required for regulatory submissions or technical reviews.
- Maintains personal and shared work space in an organized manner. Cleans laboratory glassware and actively participates in lab-wide routine clean up and inspection activities.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement efforts associated with laboratory operation.
- Works closely with supervisor or designee to complete assigned tasks and advance skills.
A Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related field with 12 credits of college chemistry, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledge of analytical chemistry, good verbal and written communications skills. Ability to work independently, with others and to multitask. Good problem solving skills.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including factors related to pregnancy or child birth), national origin, age, marital status, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity status with regard to public assistance, employment status, local human rights commission activity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or any other protected category.
Upsher‐Smith respects your privacy. We will not sell or rent your email address to any third party. You may opt out of receiving job posting alerts at any time.